Boy, 2, dies of snakebite at Wa hospital after delayed treatment

A 2-year-old boy has died of snakebite at Boli in the Upper West Region following the closure of the folder room at the Wa regional hospital.

According to an eyewitness who spoke to Starr News, the boy was sent to the emergency unit of the Hospital but was turned away because the officials in charge of issuing folders were not around.

The eyewitness added the child was taken back after 4 hours of waiting without being attended to leading to his death.

Officials of the hospital are yet to respond to calls to comment on the development.

The incident happened on Saturday night.